Termite Control in South Carolina & Virginia Beach
Termites are active year-round in the south thanks to our warm summers, mild winters, and humid climate. This means homeowners need to be extra vigilant about protecting their homes from an infestation. While that might sound overwhelming, our termite exterminators at ProCore Pest control have you covered! We offer both reactive and preventative solutions, so you can always rely on us for full elimination of termites.
When you partner with us for comprehensive termite treatments, we will:
- Carefully inspect your home for termite damage and other signs of activity.
- Tailor treatment based on the infestation and your home’s specific needs.
- Use effective bait systems like Sentricon© to eliminate termites and keep you protected.
- Treat with termiticides like Termidor©, which also provide long-term relief.
- Guarantee complete elimination through pre-treatments, post-construction treatments, and ongoing inspections.
How Sentricon© Bait Works
The Sentricon© System is a science-based bait system designed to eliminate the entire colony, including the queen. It can be used to eliminate and prevent infestations, making it a great choice for anyone dealing with termites. Here’s how it works:
- Bait stations are installed around your home to create a protective bubble.
- Termites are drawn towards the bait, which they prefer nearly 10 times more than wood.
- The bait is shared within the colony and prevents termites from molting.
- When termites can’t molt, they die, which eliminates the colony from the inside.
With Sentricon© Always Active™ technology, your home stays protected 24/7 from future infestations, saving you time and money– that’s why we use it!
Types of Termites in South Carolina & Virginia Beach
Termites eat cellulose, which is found in wood. That’s why they eat through the wooden supports of your home, deck, and other structures. While all termites are destructive, they aren’t all the same. In the south, there are three common types of termites. Those are drywood termites, eastern subterranean termites, and Formosan termites. Each species has its own characteristics and treatment type.
Drywood termites do best in humid climates but do not need moisture to survive. One nest can spread out and form multiple colonies within the wood they feed on. They can easily spread throughout your home, to your furniture, and even to decorations like picture frames. The best way to identify drywood termites is to look for frass, which looks like sawdust.
Eastern Subterranean Termites
Eastern subterranean termites build their nests underground and create mud tubes to move around in. These termites have to stay moist or else they’ll die, and the tubes protect them from the open air. Eastern subterranean termites are responsible for most cases of termite damage and often mistaken for flying ants, giving them plenty of time to eat away at your home unnoticed.
Formosan termites are a type of eastern subterranean termite and mostly found in southern states. They are more aggressive and destructive than other species, with larger colonies that average several million insects. Formosan termites can survive above or below ground, making them specially difficult to eliminate without professional treatment.
Same-Day Termite Treatment
Termite infestations are stressful, which is why we work hard to eliminate them as soon as possible. In fact, we offer same-day termite control! Give us a call today and we’ll complete your inspection then get started on your treatment in no time.